
You're right to approach this information with a healthy dose of skepticism — the leak about Rainbow Six Siege 2 (codenamed Siege X) coming at the Six Invitational 2025 is highly speculative at this stage. Here's a breakdown of what we know, what’s likely, and how to interpret the rumors:
🔍 What’s Plausible?
- Six Invitational 2025 is real – The event will indeed take place from February 14–16, 2025, at the MGM Music Hall in Boston, and it’s a major showcase for the Rainbow Six Siege competitive scene.
- 20 teams, $3M prize pool – This is confirmed. The inclusion of Oxygen Esports as the final qualifier from NA adds drama and excitement to the tournament.
- Format uncertainty – While a 4-group-of-5 round-robin followed by double-elimination playoffs mirrors last year’s structure, Ubisoft could experiment with a new format (e.g., Swiss-style, bracket tweaks) to keep things fresh.
🚨 What’s Likely Speculation (Based on the Leak)
- “Rainbow Six Siege 2” or “Siege X” – There is no official confirmation from Ubisoft that a sequel is in development. This appears to be a fan or insider leak attributed to "fraxiswinning."
- Upgraded engine, new graphics, reworked assets – These are common themes in long-running games. If Ubisoft does invest in a next-gen overhaul, it would make sense to use a modern engine (possibly a Red Engine upgrade). But calling it a "sequel" is misleading—this may instead be a massive expansion or reimagining of the current game, not a full sequel.
- Legacy rotating events not returning – This would be a major shift. Rainbow Six Siege has built its identity on seasonal rotating events (e.g., Operation Black Ice, Operation Crosspoint). Removing them entirely would signal a fundamental design change — likely a move toward more permanent, story-driven content or a new meta-cycle. But again: no evidence this is happening.
- Launch in Year 10, Season 2 (~mid-2025) – Siege launched in 2015, so Year 10 would be 2024–2025. The timing could work, but launching a full sequel mid-2025 would be extremely ambitious, especially after a major event like Six Invitational.
💬 Key Context: Creative Director’s Stance
As you noted, Alexander Karpazis (Creative Director) previously said:
“A full sequel isn't necessary. The game is still evolving.”
This suggests Ubisoft’s long-term vision is not a reboot, but a continual evolution of the current Siege experience — something they’ve done well over the years with seasonal content, new operators, maps, and gameplay tweaks.
If they were to make a true "2," it would likely be a spiritual successor, not a direct follow-up — more like Rainbow Six Extraction but for the core Siege experience.
✅ How to View This Rumor
- Don’t believe it yet — Treat this as enthusiastic fan speculation, not news.
- Watch for official hints — Look for:
- Hints in the Six Invitational opening ceremony or developer panels.
- Subtle changes to the game’s logo, engine, or in-game visuals.
- Statements from Ubisoft or Karpazis at events like Gamescom, The Game Awards, or E3 2025.
- Possible alternate interpretation: Ubisoft might announce a major new mode, a full-scale rework of the core game, or a new live-service structure — all under the umbrella of "Siege 2.0" or "Siege X" — but not a separate game.
🎯 Final Take
While the idea of a Rainbow Six Siege 2 at the Six Invitational 2025 is exciting and fits a long-term narrative, it's far from confirmed. Until Ubisoft says otherwise, the game remains Rainbow Six Siege, still evolving, still relevant, and still beloved.
🔔 Stay tuned — but stay skeptical.
The real story will unfold at the Six Invitational. And if Ubisoft does drop a bombshell, it’ll likely be a massive announcement, not a leak.
🔥 For now, focus on the tournament. The real action is on the battlefield — not in rumors.